Skip navigation

You are here

Frequently Used Information

Frequently Used Information

The following information is frequently needed when completing grant applications.

Federal Legislative Information:
Congressional District7th
U.S. RepresentativeCollin Peterson
U.S. SenatorsAmy Klobuchar
Tina Smith
State Legislative Information:
House District12A
Jeff Backer
Senate District12
Torrey Westrom
Corporate/Legal Name (used on all grant submissions)Regents of the University of Minnesota
Grants Development Office Address and PhoneUniversity of Minnesota, Morris
Grants Development Office
137 Behmler Hall
Morris, MN 56267-2132
Phone: (320) 589-6465
Fax: (320) 589-7024
Type of Organization / Corporate StatusMinnesota State Constitutional Corporation
Institution Founding DateFebruary 25, 1851
Accreditation BodyNorth Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Authorized SignersMichelle Behr, Chancellor
Bryan Herrmann, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Facilities
Janet Schrunk Ericksen, Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean
Sandy Olson-Loy, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Roger Wareham, Director, Grants Development Office
Tax StatusExempt from federal income tax, except the tax on unrelated business income (see tax letter)
Employee Identification Number (EIN)41-600-75-13
State Tax Identification Number (Exempt)8029894
Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) Number0715019690000
Checks made payable to and mailed toRegents of the University of Minnesota
137 Behmler Hall
Morris, MN 56267-2132
Phone: (320) 589-6465
Fax: (320) 589-7024
Rates: Facilities and Administration (F&A) cost, on campus
Research54% (2019)
Instruction50% MTDC
Other Sponsored Programs33% MTDC
For definitions, off-campus rates, and more information, visit Sponsored Projects Administration


Beginning January 1, 2018, the standard business mileage reimbursement rate for personal vehicle use on approved University business is 54.5 cents per mile

Domestic Meals

Rates range from $51 to $74, and vary by city and county. Visit US General Services Administration for specific and current information.

International Meals

Rates are adjusted monthly to seasonal pricing and monetary exchange rate fluctuations. Visit the Department of State’s website for current information. You may also find a currency converter useful.

Fringe benefit rates

Fringe benefits vary by employee classification and academic year. Visit this link for up-to-date information.

You may find other information that you need by visiting the Office of Sponsored Projects Administration’s Frequently Requested Information page.